Homemade Ginger Powder | Sonti Pudi

This is not a recipe actually. Just a small account of my tryst with one the ingredients that I use rarely.A couple of months back, I wanted some ginger powder for a recipe. So I went to the nearby store and looked for it. A well known brand sold this powder for INR 80 / 100 grams! I wanted just a teaspoon at that time and I was sure the remaining would be sitting in the shelf for years to come.

Mom reminded me that she had some dry ginger and we could make a powder out of it. Simple and easy!! Later I found out that the shop that sells traditional medicine sold good quality dry ginger for INR 28 / 100grams.




Here is a close up of the dry ginger.....



All I did was grind the dry ginger using a motar and pestle. The dry ginger got powdered without much effort! Just sift the ground powder and use as required.

In this way, I grind just the quantity of dry ginger that I need for the powder and each and every time I will be getting the powder -fresh...




Isn't it better to make ginger powder this way?

Bon Appetit....

Labels: